The HFC works toward the vision of regenerative and resilient food systems.
To foster a thriving community food system in Hudson (QC) that is ecological, healthful, and fair.
How We Work
5 Key Areas
- Education and awareness building about the importance of healthy food systems.
- Skill and knowledge sharing around healthy production, transformation, and consumption of food.
- Dialogue and discussion about the future of food in Hudson.
- Community building and networking to build the capacity needed to re-localize the food system.
- Project Development to support our vision.
Code of Conduct
We strive to maintain and promote:
- Respectful interpersonal interactions
- Tolerance and patience
- Open participation
- Sharing of ideas and experiences
- Consensus model based decision-making
- Collaboration and cooperation
- Creativity and innovation
- Adaptability to change
- Leadership by example
- Respect for nature
Ecology - we work toward an ecological food system.
Health - we work toward a healthful food system.
We recognize human health as inextricable from ecological health.
We value cellular health, tissue health, organ health, and holistic human health.
We value biological health, mental health, emotional health, and spiritual health.
We honour that the foods we ingest directly connect us to the health of the systems in which they were produced.
We value the health of our relationships and of all communities.
We honour cooking and eating together as celebration of life and relationships.
Justice - we work toward a just food system.
We recognize consumption as linked to a web of economic processes that are just or unjust.
We value human rights, worker's rights, women's rights, and indigenous rights.
We value seed sovereignty, food sovereignty, and the commons.
We recognize water and food as human rights.
We honour our choices as votes for the world we want to perpetuate.
Let's put our money where our values are